PERMAFROST

 

Permafrost a silver Pentecost, chromatic daydream lost, the neighborhood embossed 

Day for night the evenings acolyte, the afterthought of light, stars turn away in spite 

I feel my age, sheets pulled away, clouds glower down their necks, it’s a quote unquote day 

Permafrost, broadcasting blood exhaust, bouquet frozen mid toss, memories made moss

Under bed, follow the fraying thread, echoing tangled head, synonym for misread 

Prayer lowered head, scared pill bug spine, gravity, bourbon and scotch pine

I hold my breath, trees do the same, trapped in a purgatory we’re ashamed to name 

I’ve finished counting, I’m done with words

My rib cage flutters, a home for hummingbirds 

The permafrost covers my skin, it fills my grin


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A WOLF, A GUN

THE MACULATE CONCESSION

ROOFBIRDS