HALLWAY'S COMET

 

I've searched from room to room, I've combed the carpet floors.

I've searched the ceiling fans and inside hardwood pores.

I've searched the footnotes of teardrops, I've searched the soles of shoes

I've deconstructed gazes and scrutinized tattoos

Always one step beyond the comet of the hallway

Figments of Kodachrome sunset into dull grey

Pillowed in whiskey swigs and ozone of cathode ray

50 saints harmonize but I've forgotten how to pray

I've explored mustard stains, interpreted tea leaves

I've rifled through the books filled with allegories

I've searched through towers and towels, through cabinets and cabernets

Even flipped through afterthoughts and analyzed hearsay

Still I've never been the comet of the hallway

Embers fading before I trip through the doorway

Just anxious shadows and the incense scent of Sunday

Memories snaking out the landscape of the ashtray

In the corner of my mind I feel the glowing

Sunken treasure stretching arms out just below me

Tickled by the whispering from long beards blowing

Dreams abstractly aggregating like a snowman

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A WOLF, A GUN

THE MACULATE CONCESSION

ROOFBIRDS