SHAG CARPET HEART

If you need a place to rest, then I can accommodate you
It’s a super-secret special nest, your own ultra-plush Xanadu
Just follow the wood-paneled path, you can slip out your worry shoes
Wrap yourself in the warm embrace of my shag carpet heart for you
If the world has you worried and worn, all the way down to the bone
Southbound shoulders and face fully forlorn, all the world a gray monotone
Take a trip to my colorful den, bid all those terrible thoughts adieu
Sinking slow in the woolly depths of my shag carpet heart for you
And you can stay as long as you wish, make yourself at home
Dream of perfect memories drenched in Kodachrome
Nestled in our reverie reminisce, this sparkling shag carpet bliss
And everyone is welcome, I’m not barring the door
My heart is just as forgiving as it’s shag carpet floor
We can make a new paradise, all our troubles faded from view
Starting over and living our best in my shag carpet heart for you

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A WOLF, A GUN

THE MACULATE CONCESSION

ROOFBIRDS